East Coast of Canada Road Trip
There is nothing like hitting the open road, discovering new places on your own terms and schedule. Canada’s ruggedly beautiful East Cost is great place to set out on your road trip adventure. Known for it’s warm hospitality, natural beauty and captivating charm Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island are highlighted in this itinerary.
- Tidle Bore Rafting
- Whale Watching
- Skyline Trail ~ Cape Breton National Park
- Titanic Exhibit at the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic
- Ann of Green Gables Homestead
- Red Shoe Tavern in Mabou
Best Time of Year to Visit
The best time of year to visit this part of Canada is June through September. Many attractions do not open up until mid June. Early fall is a wonderful time to visit to enjoy the fall colours. Winter months are very cold and snowy Most things are shut down at that time of year.
Canada East Coast Road Trip Itinerary
- Day 1 Arrive in Halifax, NS
- Day 2 Explore Peggy’s cove and the Titanic Exhibit
- Day 3 Drive from Halifax to PEI’s of Green Gables crossing the Confederation Bridge. Explore the area that inspired the beloved “Ann of Green Gables” books.
- Day 4 Head back to Nova Scotia passing through Moncton to Hopewell Cape to see the changing of the tide. And if your adventurous enough Tidle Bore Rafting.
- Day 5 Drive to Mabou and enjoy an evening at the Red Shoe Tavern for some Cape Breton hospitality.
- Day 6 Drive through Cape Breton National Park and hike the famous Skyline Trail.
- Day 7 Spend the day whale watching off the coast.
- Day 8 Drive to Sydney and enjoy an afternoon exploring the town.
- Day 9 Fly home from Sydney, NS