Peru & Majestic Machu Picchu
There is truly something magical about Peru. From the majestic Andes mountains to the beaches of Paracas, the jungles of the Amazon to the historical city of Lima there is a special richness and diversity to the landscapes, peoples and cultures that call Peru home. Featuring the unforgettable Inca citadel Machu Picchu and Peru’s world famous gastronomy, there is no wonder why Peru is sought after travel destination. After spending many months travelling in Peru, it has a special place in my heart.
- Machu Picchu ~ Hike the Inca Trail or take the scenic train.
- Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Paracas Beach and Nature Reserve
- Historical District in Lima
- San Pedro Market in Cusco
Best Time of Year to Visit
May through September is the dry season but the busiest time of the year. Shoulder season, March – April and October – November is also a good time to visit as there won’t be as many other travellers. During February of every year the Inca Trail is closed for maintenance.
- Day 1 Arrive in Lima
- Day 2 Explore Historical Lima & Cosmopolitan Miraflores
- Day 3 Catch a flight to Cusco to enjoy a free day of exploring.
- Day 4 Guided tour to the Sacred Valley with stops at a women’s weaving co-op and community restaurant
- Day 5 Guided tour to the Sacred Valley Maras Salt Mines and the ancient Incan agricultural terraces of Moray
- Day 6 Free day in Cusco with an evening Peruvian cooking class.
- Day 7 Private transportation to Ollantaytambo to catch the scenic train to Aguas Calientes the gateway to Machu Picchu
- Day 8 Guided tour of Machu Picchu and Inca Bridge. Return to Cusco in the evening.
- Day 9 Fly home from Cusco
Want more information about Peru?
Known for its amazing food, passionate people, scenic beauty and vast coastline, Spain is a destination not to be missed. Spain is a collection of regions each with their own traditions, delicacies and cultures. A fascinating history stretching from Romans to Moors and beyond has left a legacy of castles, palaces, and churches to explore.
- La Ramblas in Barcelona
- The Alhambra in Granada
- Flamenco in Seville
- Gaudi’s Sagrada Família and Park Guell
- The beaches of Malaga and Costa del Sol
Best Time of Year to Visit
Spring and fall offer the best combination of good weather, light crowds, long days, and plenty of cultural activities. Southern Spain can be extremely hot in the summer months.
- Day 1 Arrive in Madrid
- Day 2 Explore cosmopolitan Madrid and visit the world famous Prado museum
- Day 3 Travel on the fast train to Granada
- Day 4 Guided tour of the Alhambra Palace with evening Tapas food tour.
- Day 5 Travel on the fast train to ancient Cordoba. Stroll through the historic Jewish quarter and visit the iconic Mezquita de Cordoba.
- Day 6 Explore the City of Seville and take in a Flamenco performance
- Day 7 Travel on the fast train to Barcelona and enjoy the evening strolling down Las Ramblas
- Day 8 Guided tour of Gaudi’s Sagrada Família church and Park Guell.
- Day 9 Fly home from Barcelona