May 13th to May 23rd, 2022
An Inspired Travel Adventure to Machu Picchu ~ Inca Train Itinerary
Delve into the historical mysteries and cultural treasures of Peru. Discover UNESCO World Heritage sites—including the mountaintop citadel of Machu Picchu and historic Cusco. Travel across the snowcapped peaks of the Andes, and get a glimpse of the ancient traditions that continue to endure in the misty valleys. A 1-day Inca Trail Hike is offered at an additional cost.
If a 4-day hike along the Inca Trail is more your speed you can see that itinerary by clicking the button below.
Inca Train Tour Package Includes
10 Nights of Accommodations at these locally-owned upgraded hotels or similar
- 4 Nights at Antigua Miraflores, Lima
- 4 Nights at Hotel Taypikala, Cusco
- 1 Nights at San Agustin, Urubamba
- 1 Night at Hotel Taypikala, Machu Picchu
Guided visit of Machu Picchi
Maras Salt Mines and Moray Ruins tours
Lunch at the Parwa Community Restaurant the Sacred Valley
Round trip train ride from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
Ccaccaccollo Community and Women's Weaving Co-op visit
Round Trip Flights Lima to Cusco
Sacred Valley guided tour including pottery making demonstration
12 Meals (10 breakfast, 2 lunch)
Local Professional guide fluent in English, Spanish and Quechua
I'd like to learn more!
Pricing & Additional Information
Double Occupancy – $2659 CAD per person (sharing a room)*
Single Occupancy -$3259 CAD per person (your own room)*
*If do not have a roommate, we can match you with a suitable roommate and you will not pay a single supplement.
*Single occupancy room option is limited.
A deposit of $400 is due at the time of booking.
Final payment of $2259 due March 1st, 2022. Flexible payment plans available, Please ask for more details.
Deposit is non-refundable unless the tour is cancelled by Inspired Travel Adventures.
If the 14-day quarantine is still in effect in Canada and or Peru on December 21st, 2021 the trip will be cancelled and you will receive a refund of your deposit minus a $30 administrative fee.
Minimum of 8 people
Maximum of 16 people
Average ~ accessible to most travellers.
- International Airfare
- Meals Not Listed
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Optional Tours & Activities
- Personal Expenses
- Travel Insurance
Out of country medical insurance is required by all travelers. Proof will be required. We strongly recommend trip cancellation and interruption insurance as a way to protect your travel investment. We would be happy to provide a quote through Manulife at your request.
Flights can be book through Inspired Travel Adventures or on your own. Please do not book any flights until the tour is confirmed.
About the Accommodations
All hotels are locally owned and operated 4-star accommodations (except 1 night in the Sacred Valley at 3-star hotel) Please note that hot water shortages and power outages can be fairly common in Peru (even in upgraded hotels) We appreciate your patience and understanding that these occurrences are outside of our control.
1 Day Inca Trail Hike Option
Traverse cloud forests while enjoying spectacular views on this ‘one-day Inca Trail’ trek. Start by disembarking the train at km 104. Follow the local guide as the trail rises steeply up into the mountains and winds past the archaeological sites of Wiñay Wayna and Inti Pata. Gain insight into the fascinating culture of the Incas en route to the trek’s culmination at the Sun Gate. Enjoy a packed lunch along the way, and reach the Sun Gate in the late afternoon. After, take one of the blue buses from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes to rejoin the group and spend the night in a hotel in town. The cost is $459 a person and must be booked by December 1st 2021
Passport and Entry Requirements
All countries require a valid passport (with a minimum 6 months validity). Changes in entry requirements to Peru are subject to change. A Visa is not required for Canadian or US citizens.
Travel Health & Covid 19 Precautions (Subject to change)
Group Private Transportation
- Each traveller will have a daily assigned seat on private vehicles
- Hand-sanitizer and a mask will be required every time you board the vehicle
- Facial coverings will be recommended while on-board
- Daily deep cleaning and disinfecting of all surface areas inside your room with extra cleaning on light switches, door handles, TV remotes, and thermostats
- No hotel staff will enter your room after it has been cleaned
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting of all public restrooms and all surfaces in public areas. This might include the closure of public spaces such as gyms, bars, restaurants, and meeting rooms for periods throughout the day
- Wherever possible, we will stay on the lower floors to limit elevator use
- Hotels will implement physical distancing protocols in line with local regulations
Peru Rail Train
- Precautions will be followed in adherence to local health and safety regulations to keep our travellers safe and sound.
- Wherever possible, we will reserve separate tables or private rooms at the restaurants we visit and opt for more “al fresco” opportunities when we can.
- Breakfasts may be “grab and go” boxes
- We will be avoiding family-style or self-serve buffets for meals.
Personal Health Measures
Please note inoculations may be required. It is your responsibility to consult with your travel doctor for up to date medical travel information well before departure.
You should consult your doctor for up-to-date medical travel information well before departure.
We recommend that you carry a First Aid kit and hand sanitizers / antibacterial wipes as well as any personal medical requirements. Please be aware that parts of this itinerary are in remote areas and away from medical facilities, and for legal reasons our leaders are prohibited from administering any type of drug including headache tablets, antibiotics, etc. Please refer to the Physical Ratings.
Please note your Adventure travels to high altitude. This is medically defined as anything over 8,000 feet (2,440 meters). Most people can travel to 8,000 feet with minimal effects. However, everyone reacts to altitude differently and altitude sickness can on set with some people irrespective of fitness and age. For details on how to best prepare and what to do in the unlikely event you are affected on your Adventure, please consult your physician.